My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Smart Car in my Parking Lot!

My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com

New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

It's there. Almost everyday. Small, Silver and Short. Really Short.

Yup, it is a Smart Car!

When I drive my suburban to work I seek out the Smart Car to park next to it. I'm hoping I can hide it so the owner can't find it and then buys a real car. Last week I parked my SL600 next to it, hoping some of the SL's horsepower would leak off and give itty-bitty a little boost. Maybe I could loan it a cylinder since my SL600 has plenty of them.



WHY would someone want a car like this? Seriously? Because it is cheap and cutesy. No other reason. You can get a new Smart For Two for a measely MSRP $12,490 - $17,690. In 1967 you could've got a new Corvette for half of that. I guess a dollar doesn't go very far these days when it takes $15K to buy the modern version of Citroen 2CV, and the 2CV has a back seat. Both are ugly. Both are cheap.



Here are the performance stats:
0-60 mph acceleration at 12.8 seconds;
70 horsepower
1.0-liter 3-cylinder engine
5-speed paddle-shift automatic

Gas mileage isn't really that spectacular with results of 33 city and 41 highway.

Chick Magnet Factor? I guess it depends on the kind of chick you're after. My chick was all over me and my Corvette back in the day, and now we have 10 kids and have had a plethora of cool cars. A Smart Car is not in the works. I think it should be reserved for granola-crunching hairy arm-pitted commie pinko liberal girls that can't get dates on Sadie-Hawkins Day.

Tell your date that you have the convertible out at the curb, she steps out the door and sees these three. which one do you want to be yours?


1 comment:

  1. A Smart car is undoubtedly cute, too. It was manufactured with recyclable parts which is a smart and brilliant idea. What's even smarter is that the design of the Smart car’s sit is high enough even for six footers. Isn't that nice?

    ReplyDelete