My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Really, REALLY Big gun!

My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com

New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

I just saw this on the Blaze. This is a big gun. when someone says it is time to call out the big guns, this is the one that some from Idaho or Arizona will be hauling out of his Suburban.



From SSK industries .950 JDJ. It’s the biggest centerfire rifle ever made.
With a 2400 grain bullet, propelled by 240 grains of powder, the JDJ is comparable to a World War I-era tank round or a 20mm cannon in terms of kinetic energy.
Estimates are that one of these rounds would easily pass through several human targets– even if each were equipped with full body armor.



Your friend that shoots this thing better be well-heeled too. The rounds are $40 each. That makes a .50 BMG sound like a bargain!



I can't wait to see one at the local gun range. The question is: What is it for? Is it the 21st century opposite of the .22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer?



No comments:

Post a Comment