My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wow! The Chevy VOLT!

Photobucket
Hey I finally saw one the other day!
It was sitting, unsold, in front of a dealership, but I saw it!!
It was my first, and I’ve been looking.
Beyond the ugliness of the design, it also had HUGE block letters down the entire side of it that said VOLT.
Crappy, yet overstated.

From FOX News:
In August, and for the second month in a row, the Chevy Cruze was the best selling compact car in America, with 21,807 cars sold.

The Chevy Volt? Not so much.

Only 302 of the plug-in hybrids were delivered to customers, up from 125 in July.

So, is the extended range electric car of the future already out of juice?

Read more

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. GM sold over 1,000 Volts in October, outselling the Nissan Leaf.

    http://gas2.org/2011/11/02/chevy-volt-outsells-nissan-leaf-in-october-breaks-5000-total-sales/#comment-126886

    My real world numbers using a Kill-A-Watt meter to monitor charging costs (in my area..they all vary):
    $1.17 - full charge
    40 miles avg. per charge - 37 in cold 43 in warm
    $0.029 per mile
    $3.85 - Average cost of gas in my area (again..this varies)
    Final math: 132.7 MPG city driving.

    I used to drive Caddy's (35 years). I love the looks. I love the car. $210 stays in my bank account every month. In 7 years, the final cost will be under $25,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Final cost of under $25,000? What a steal!

    My Mercedes Sl600 was $125,000 brand new. It gets about 14 miles to the gallon around town and goes from zero to 60 in a little over 5 seconds. You may feel like you are a proper tree-hugged with your ugly Volt, but the chick magnet factor of your ugly mobile chemical fire is about a negative 86.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete