My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Friday, September 23, 2011

AR15 Problem

Last Saturday I went out shooting with a friend who works for the Border Patrol. We had an enjoyable time shooting several different guns. He told me that the BP has a new rule that they cannot shoot their service weapons leisurely anymore, that it has to be on a certified range. No problem. We have several guns at our disposal that are not BP service weapons.

One of the guns we were shooting was my new Armalite AR15.
armalite ar15 Pictures, Images and Photos


After about 50 rounds we have a failure to eject issue. Might be due to the cheap ammo I had. I dropped a cleaning rod down the barrel and popped the spent case out. Tomorrow I will go out and shoot it again and see if the issue repeats itself.
The other gun we were shooting was a Remington 742 in 30.06 that I recently picked up. I put on a Bausch and Lomb 3-9 scope on it. Years ago I borrowed one of these from my uncle and shot several deer with it, so it is nice to get this one. Brings back good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment