My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Southern Arizona Camping

I took the little family down to Parker Canyon for a camping/fishing trip. Great scenery! Beautiful weather!
As we got closer to our destination, Parker Canyon Lake, we encountered this sign:


Photobucket

Here is a closeup of what the sign says.

Photobucket

So naturally, protection was in order. I didn't want to be too obvious, so from my modest arsenal I selected a Smith and Wesson model 642, loaded with my own loads of .38 Special +P,


and a Ruger SP101 with a 3 in. barrel, equipped with Crimson Trace laser sights in .357 magnum loaded with my own loads of .357 Mag hollow points.


Not that I anticipate any trouble, because I don't. But I do like camping and hunting and fishing in southern Arizona and that activity does have the chance of an encounter with possibly unsavory characters.


Here is the family camping rig at the campground at Parker Canyon Lake.

Photobucket

Fishing report: Nibbles, but no fish. The intent was not for ME to catch fish, but for me to continue to teach and provide a good fishing experience for 3 young girls. And THAT was a grand success!

No comments:

Post a Comment