My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Latest Cool Car Spotting

I flew up to Denver early Tuesday morning for a meeting. I'm on the advisory board of a big insurance company . . . lucky me. We took a break and I was scanning the parking lot and I spotted this:
Photobucket


A Jaguar XKR - Super Charged

Here is the rundown on this very nice looking Jag:
420 HP
6 speed paddle shift auto
0 to 60 under 5 seconds

  • 5.0L V8 engine
  • Automatic transmission
  • Up to 15 cty/22 hwy mpg
  • Navigation System
  • Bluetooth
  • MP3 Player
  • Satellite radio
  • Side/Curtain Airbags
  • Stability Control
  • Traction Control
Base MSRP for the 2011 model year: $102,125

I have seen gently used examples available in the mid $20k to Low $40k, depending on mileage.

I would give these a Chick Magnet Factor of 8.7. Slightly above the Maserati because the brand is a bit better known. Jaguar wanted to compete with BMW, M-B, Corvette and Ferrari with this model and I think they did a very good job.

The next morning in Denver I woke to 3 inches of snow and the Jag was not to be found in the parking lot. And that is why I love living in Southern Arizona. Every month is Hot Rod Month down here!

1 comment:

  1. What more can you ask for when you have a silver Jaguar XKR? That's a very beautiful car. I wonder how much one would cost these days? Hehe. I'd be very impressed to see one personally. =)

    ReplyDelete