My blog can now b found at http://fatherof10.com New format and a different take on things. I will not be posting here any more.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Latest Cool Car Spotting

Sunday I was driving past Udall Park on Tanque Verde and noticed this emblem on the grill of a car out of the corner of my eye:

Photobucket
Naturally, I pulled in to the parking lot to take a look at the Maserati Gran Sport V8 that was sporting the Trident Emblem. I didn't have a camera with me, but here is an image I lifted from the 'net:

Photobucket
My buddy Ted was with me and he asked how I was able to notice that car in the parking lot as we were driving past at 45 MPH. It's a skill, Ted.
The Maserati Gran Sport V8 retailed new for about $130,000. Excellent 2006 examples can be had on the used market now for as low as $29,900. They are 4 seaters and sport a 4.2 liter V8 with 390 to 405 HP. They look good and are a great change from the ugly and gutless BiTurbo Maserati of the 1980's!
Here are the Performance stats:
0 to 60 4.8 sec (I think more like 5.2, considering the weight and engine)
0 to 100 11.3 sec
1/4 mile 13.2 sec at 110 MPH
Top Speed 177 MPH
10 MPG
Understated Chick Magnet Factor of 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment